After a few weeks off, I’m back- I can’t quite believe it is 2018!
I thought I’d just start the year with a really quick blog post to discuss where I want to take my blog and channel this year. I’ve loved getting back into blogging since I restarted in Nov 2016 but have found it really hard to juggle with a youtube channel and a demanding full time job too. This year I’m going to be taking the time to say ‘no’ to things I don’t want to do, and embracing the chance to say ‘yes’ to things I do, be that more time at home on the sofa with my laptop or exciting events; this should help me manage my time a little better, and mean I get more chance to work on my blog. This is going to be my year – I can feel it in my bones!
I’ve set myself a few little goals this year which I also thought I’d share with you all today. Nothing major, but a few little bits and bobs which I’m hoping will feed back into channel and page nicely.
- Bullet Journalling: I’ve spoken about this previously, but this year I’m going in full force with my journal. I’m a couple of weeks into the new year and loving the new collections etc I’ve implemented into my BuJo. I posted a youtube video last week with a flip through of these collections and also my first monthly and weekly, so please give that a watch here! There is also going to be a post coming up later in the week talking all about my bullet journaling supplies, so be sure to check back for that too!
- Hand Lettering and Calligraphy: I’ve been big into calligraphy for a long time but have never quite mastered it. I’ve spent so long watching videos online about hand lettering and modern calligraphy that I’m hooked on the idea of being able to do it for myself. This year I’ll be spending a lot of time working on my lettering, and I hope this (and the DIYs it brings in turn) will get chance to be featured on the blog!
- Weight loss – I know that everyone is probably sick of the ‘New Year, New Me’ thing, but I have found myself really motivated to get back on the wagon this month. I’ve joined back at Slimming World which I used before the wedding, and I’m really enjoying it so far. I’m going to be compiling a monthly post to discuss my losses, gains and everything in between.
- Cooking – you probably don’t know, but I actually love to cook. I love to bake. As part of my slimming world journey, I’m going to be doing a lot more cooking, and I really want to include this in the blog too. LEt me know if this is something you’d like to see more of!!
- We have big plans for our house this year. We recently redid our bedroom which I’ll be sharing soon on here, but we are in the process of getting someone in to do our bathroom (complete refurb) then also trying to save to do our kitchen too (current one is absolutely shite). I love interior décor and our house is not pinterest perfect and never will be with one dribbly dog and two messy humans in it, but I’d really like to be able to share our home before and afters!
So there you go, I’m feeling super excited and pumped for the year ahead, and can’t wait to share it with you!